February 5, 2017
Breaking open the Word
Here is our handout: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7_PeaRPN6DnTjA5QkNrTEJ4dFU/view?usp=sharing
Gospel of Matthew Introduction by United States Council of Catholic Bishops
Shorter version at Catholic News Agency
Or try these five very short videos
Here is an outline of the discourses in the Gospel of Matthew.
Sarah's an Oasis - http://www.sarahsoasis.org/
Gifts collected by St Nicholas at December meeting
St Francis Basket Food Market - http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/francis-basket-food-shelf-reopens-st-pauls-highland-park-neighborhood/
Use a reverse advent calendar and deliver food on December 27 at 11:30
Caring Hearts for Homless People - http://www.metrodoctors.com/dev/index.php/caring-hearts-drive?download...caring-hearts...
Flyer of needed supplies at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7_PeaRPN6DnMzZFWFVDenMzY0k/view?usp=sharing
Second Stork - http://secondstork.org/ date set for March 12, 2017
2015-1016 Season Follow-Up Notes:
February Meeting Follow-up
Interfaith Action on Summit Avenue http://interfaithaction.org/index.asp?SEC=C810BD2D-B80D-4DD3-AC65-7BA6A542868C&Type=B_BASIC
Fast from Feast on http://www.iccreligiouseducation.com/lent.cfm?subpage=298241
January 3, 2016
Migration Week 2016 January 3-9, 2016
See the site of the Catholic Bishops of the United States.
You might enjoy learning more about Mary, Seat of Wisdom, Throne of Justice at this site.
December 6, 2015
Today's discussion centered on the Year of Mercy and the Corporal Works of Mercy
with music by the Weimholts and a discussion of Good Kind Wenceslas.
November 1, 2015
October 1, 2015
1) Use some of the fun activities to continue learning about Pope Francis.
Put one of the activities in your Interactive Note Book. At our November meeting there will be notebooks available for those who were not at the October meeting.
2) Starting in November each family will make their own
reservation for faith formation on line.
Take time to practice here on the October form. (A new form will be posted in the same place for November.)
2014-1015 Season Follow-Up Notes:
March 1, 2015
Today we focused on Baptism preparation and included meanings of the symbols of baptism.
Cornelia recommended this site for us. http://www.heartmath.org/
February 1, 2015
Cara Anthony lead the Adult Discussion: "Helping kids encounter religious difference while owning their own tradition."
January 4, 2015
We had a wonderful presentation by Mary Hunt, chair of the advisory board for Sarah's an Oasis for Women and from one of the graduates of the program. This was followed by a visit from the Three Wise Ones.
December 7, 2014
In addition to a rousing game of Advent Bingo, we collected gifts for Sarah's ... an Oasis for Women.
November 2, 2014
With two new families joining us we were 52 in number. A fun "getting to know you" exercise opened the session.
October 5, 2014
We played a rousing game of "Which Pope is Which?" followed by a discussion of our Faith Fair topics.
We were delighted to be joined by four students from St Catherine University who worked with the children
and will continue to come and join us in future months.
September 7, 2014, potluck after the Liturgy
Large group attended with beautiful weather to begin our year.
Reminder that the Faith Fair is the first Sunday in November with a work session eight days before.
Hindu Temple Visit - Sept 6, 2014
Nine of us toured the temple at 10530 Troy lane N, Maple Grove, MN 55311.
2013-2014 Season Follow-up Notes:
April 6, 2014
1. Sister Kathy suggests:
I think the best thing people need to do is go to the website: www.DorthyDayRevision.org. They can get lots of information there.
After that the first and most important thing to do is to try to get Governor Dayton's support by including it in his budget. Then next we should contact our legislators.
This is a sample letter.
I urge you to support stet investment in affordable housing construction and rehabilitation, as well as emergency shelter and connections to services that help people find homes.
- $100 million for affordable housing--$80 million in housing infrastructure bonds and $20 million in general obligation bonds.
- Up to $22 million in general obligation bonds to the City of Saint Paul for the Dorothy Day Center ReVision
From Peggy Rodewald, here are Governor Dayton’s assistant and an intern’s emails:
Katharine Tinucci, Campaign Manager email@example.com
PO Box 4778
St. Paul, MN 55101
And here’s one of his intern’s email address:
Anna Kerben <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Office of Governor Mark Dayton and
Lt. Governor Yvonne Prettner Solon
130 State Capitol
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55155
2. Cara says she was referencing: Michael Himes, Doing the Truth in Love.
A .pdf of Chapter 2 is attached. Pages 30-31 talk about reaffirming baptismal vows.
The whole book is quite good and accessible; I recommend it.
March 2, 2014
1. View pictures soon of our very successful INFO Faith Fair 2014. Thanks to all of you for making it such a success.
2. Check out the links to your left for great Lenten links with activities and web resources for your and your family.
3. We were informed by Mary of a very worthwhile program The Art of Listening and Conversation.
4. Please remember to fill your Rice Bowl during your Lenten journey.
Learn more about Catholic Relief Services Rice Bowl.
February 2, 2014
1. Our session consisted of a discussion of Faith Fair topics and specifics. You can find the information here.
2. Plan to attend our work session on Saturday, February 22, if you want help with your display board.
January 5, 2014
Our session was cancelled due to extremely cold weather.
December 1, 2013
- Find lots and lots of facts, recipes and activities at the St Nicholas Center web site including:
- Candy Wrappers for different sized candy bars.
- Recipe for St Nicholas cut our cookies called Speculatius that you tasted.
- Pope Francis has issued apostolic exhortation named Evangelii Gaudium.
- James Martin, SJ offers insights about the document.
- Here is what the National Catholic Reporter has to say.
- You are invited each week of Advent Evensong on Sunday evening.
- And don't miss the Joy Sunday Celebration at Hess/Celestes on Sunday, December 15
November 3, 2013
October 6, 2013
- Sarah's Oasis was introduced for our social action possibility. A group will research and prepare information for us.
- We will use Sunday by Sunday to explore the Sunday readings at our meetings and in the weeks between. These periodicals are provided for us by campus ministry.
- Anyone who wants Pflaum Gospel Weeklies for their children needs to sign up this week.
Sept 15, 2013
- Cara will lead several of our meetings on the topic of social justice.
- We will order Pflaum Gospel Weeklies for the students.
- We will invite St Nicholas to visit us on December 1 and we will bring gifts for him to take to a charity of our choosing.
- An INFO Faith Fair is in the works for March 2. A workday will be planned for the week before.
- A pilgrimage to a Hindu temple and to the Basilica of Saint Mary were suggested.
- Our year will end with a Pentecost Picnic.
Here you will find links and notes to follow-up on our meetings throughout the 2012-2013 season.
May 5, 2013
- Our evaluations for the year: from the kids, from the adults , Additional comments you want to add.
- For the month of May which is dedicated to Mary the mother of God, you may enjoy this information about how different cultures honor Mary.
- Next Sunday we celebrate the Solemnity of the Ascension. What does that mean for us?
- Pentecost party on Saturday evening May 18.
April 7, 2013
- We used QR Codes again for our easter quiz.
- There was a contest for building the most accurate Easter scene according to the gospel account of choice. Here are some pictures of the entries.
March 7, 2013
Our INFO Faith Fair was a great success. Want to see some pics?
February 7, 2013
We moved into the 21st century using QR codes for our opening game.
January 6, 2013
- There are more resources available from the Catholic Bishops of Minnesota about immigration and National Migration Week. We took the quiz and made Ojos de Dios from this resource.
- You will find Epiphany resources on our site.
December 2, 2012
November 4, 2012
Saints; We all gave information about one saint we chose.
October 7, 2012
1. CAPTAINS: Thank you to those who have volunteered to help with responsibilities this year:
- Prayer: Kathy
- Service: Mary
- Treats: Nancy
- Coffee: Ed
2. SAINTS: Pope Benedict XVI will canonize two new American saints on October 21, Marianne Cope and Kateri Tekakwitha. How did these women show their love for God and others?
We chose a saint using the illustrations from the Happy Saints web site. At our November meeting we will share about our saint by A) telling how they loved God and others, and B) Bringing a prop or wearing a costume.
**********Bring along a saint to our November meeting whether you chose one at our meeting or not.
3. BASILICA TOUR
We will tour the Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis one non-faith-formation Sunday after Mass and breakfast treats.
Please add you family's information to our ROSTER if you plan to be with us this year. Click this link, or copy and paste the URL. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dExja3FTbGJjVGJXby1HeVZJZUQ1cGc6MQ.
There was discussion last year about holding an INFO Faith Fair again for Mardi Gras 2013. We will plan more as we go along. For those of you who have not taken part in one before, prepare yourself for a great time.
Families interested in receiving the Pflaum Gospel Weeklies--with an issue for each Sunday of the school year--to use with your children at home, please let me know right away so I can get the order in. (Prices are: 2-9 copies,$19.95 / 10+ copies, $9.65. So if 10 people order, it will be under $10 per child.)
Bookmark our website and check it out regularly for more information. https://sites.google.com/site/stbrigidfamily
September 14, 2012
Faith Formation Introductory Email
Hi Everyone! It's almost faith formation season again. Here are our plans so far.
1. Our first session will be on Sunday October 7, 2012 at 8:30 a.m. in the Coeur de Catherine coffee shop. Come prepared for great food and fun, along with learning and discussion. I will send another email in two weeks and you can let me know then if you will attend on Oct 7.
2. Please add you family's information to our roster if you plan to be with us this year. Click this link, or copy and paste the URL. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dExja3FTbGJjVGJXby1HeVZJZUQ1cGc6MQ.
3. Nancy will be the treat captain this year. We ask each family to bring treats twice during the year. You can pair up with another household to make is easier. You will be notified about sign up.
4. Sister Kathy will be in charge of prayer leaders for each session. Please be brave and volunteer. With Sister Kathy's help there is nothing to be concerned about. You will be notified about sign up.
5. Ed will make the coffee for each session.
6. There was discussion last year about holding an INFO Faith Fair again for Mardi Gras 2013. We will plan more as we go along. For those of you who have not taken part in one before, prepare yourself for a great time.
7. We have also discussed making a pilgrimage this year to the Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis on a non-faith-formation Sunday. We will make arrangements, if enough are interested.
8. Families interested in receiving the Pflaum Gospel Weeklies--with an issue for each Sunday of the school year--to use with your children at home, please let me know right away so I can get the order in. (Prices are: 2-9 copies,$19.95 / 10+ copies, $9.65. So if 10 people order, it will be under $10 per child.)
9. Bookmark our website and check it out regularly for more information. https://sites.google.com/site/stbrigidfamily.
If I have forgotten something, please let me know. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.
Peggy O'Neill Fisher
p.s. If you no longer wish to receive emails from us, please reply (NOT "reply all") and put UNSUBSCIBE in the subject line.