You can begin now to prepare for First Communion every Sunday when you attend the Eucharistic Liturgy.
Read this list with your child and each Sunday focus on one idea from this list.
Where do the Holy Communion Hosts come from?
You can read about it here.
Or you may want to view a YouTube together.
Here is the story on one sheet.
Games to play as a family.
Review the chapters in your child's materials.
Work together to put the Lord's Prayer in order.
GREAT game to play together as a family!
and more games for your family.
Or thy these games: parts of the Mass
Try a textbook review: Grade 2, chapters 16 & 17
To prepare for First Communion day, these are things it would be good for your child to know:
- Sign of the Cross
- Lord's Prayer
- Response to the Baptismal Promises
- What to say before receiving Communion.
- How to
- hold hands to receive Communion
- exchange peace
- bring up the offertory gifts
- help set the table
Here are some places for you to gain background.
Here are some good background articles.
- The Community Gathers
- Presence of the Risen Christ
- The Lord's Supper
- Eucharist: Where Graitiude Becomes Mission
- Short and inspirational web pages and especially this one with practical suggestions
Books for your child to enjoy
A Walk through Our Church by Gertrud Mueller Nelson
And Books for you
To Dance with God by Gertrud Mueller Nelson